HONDA CIVIC FD2R 2006 - 2011 JS RACING Style Super Light Weight Real Carbon Fiber Side Fender Body Kit [FD C018]
- Design: JS RACING
- Applicable for Honda Civic FD2R 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
- Material: CFRP
- Top: Carbon FRP
- Bottom FRP
- Super Light Weight Carbon Fiber
- Premium Quality Product with Strict QC for Perfect Fit like stock side fender
- Compatible with the stock side fender
- Ducts on the fender drastically improve the dissipation of heat and is very effective in lowering water temperature, oil temperature, and intake air temperature.
- This is a special fender which derives the maximum performance from your engine.
- The double sided structure insures the strength exceeding the stock fender
- A single carbon fiber cloth is attached exquisitely by the experienced craftsmen for a state of the art appearance.
Carbon-fiber also called carbon-fiber laminates — are the next-generation materials for making cars lighter, more fuel efficient and safer. Carbon laminate is extremely strong and stiff because of its woven layers of nearly pure carbon fibers bonded together by a hardened plastic, such as epoxy resin. Each product is manufactured with the highest quality standards and inspected by our quality control team before leaving our manufacturing facility. These products are manufactured with the best carbon fiber material. DRM products not only look great but are used by motorsport figures for auto racing, drifting, and drag racing. Our products are designed to be as light as possible while retaining durability and ensuring safety.
What is Carbon Fiber?
- The ultimate in lightweight and strongest in strength, carbon fiber is the hottest material used on fast cars and aftermarket parts.
- Carbon fiber is, like fiberglass, a very strong and light fiber-reinforced polymer, but carbon fiber uses individual strains of carbon fibers.
- In the automotive racing world today, many race cars use carbon fiber parts such as “safety cells” which are found in F1 and Indy cars and is used for driver protection.
- For automobile manufactures, some vehicles come with a large amount of carbon fiber from the factory including roofs, spoilers, and front lips.
- World’s leading automobile manufacturers are committing themselves to increase the usage of carbon fiber materials to reduce the weight.
- BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Lamborghini and other high-end automakers have committed to the increased use of CFRP components in their vehicles to reduce weight.
- Daimler has set a body in white weight reduction target of up to 10% for all of its models and is looking to carbon fibre materials for some of that weight saving.
- Daimler and Toray Industries are working to develop CFRP automotive parts
USE OF CARBON FIBER IN AUTOMOTIVE PARTS:
- Carbon fiber car parts could provide important benefits for automakers. It's difficult to make gasoline powered engines significantly more efficient, and electric vehicles typically rely on heavy and expensive battery packs. Weight reduction could provide an easier way to make cars more efficient. Replacing a steel part with a carbon fiber part can reduce a car's final weight by more than the difference between the two parts. The weight difference between a carbon fiber part and a standard steel part could increase in the future.
Benefits of Carbon fibers:
- Carbon fiber’s distinct lightness and strength make it a viable, versatile, and useful product in automobile industry. Along with strength and lightweight properties, the benefits of carbon fiber and its composites include:
- A unique and distinct appearance that’s nearly impossible to replicate.
- Excellent strength to weight ratio, compared to other materials.
- Works well with other materials (fiber, plastics, metals, wood, concrete).
- Suitable for complex contours and designs.
- Superior fatigue properties.
- High Stiffness.
- High heat tolerances and resistance.
- Flexible thermal and electrical properties.
- Corrosion-resistance (with proper resins).
- Varying classifications (tensile modulus) of strength.
- The Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) says that carbon-fiber composites can reduce a car's weight by up to 60 percent.
- The government's Fuel Economy website says that reducing a vehicle's weight by just 100 pounds will increase your fuel economy by about two percent.
- Carbon fiber also benefits race car drivers, as the weight of a vehicle affects the acceleration and overall speed of the car.
- Carbon fiber does not corrode or rust like steel.
- Therefore, carbon-fiber parts can reduce or eliminate the need to replace rusted vehicle parts, which is a problem that becomes more likely as the car ages.
- Rust can also spread over time, so carbon-fiber parts can limit the damage caused by this problem.
- Carbon fiber is stiffer than steel, and five times stronger.
- Carbon fiber can also have a higher energy-absorption rate than steel and can increase safety in a collision, according to the ORNL.